libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be dlopen()ed

ronan

Jun 4, 2008, 9:48:25 AM6/4/08
to Lovd by Less
hello,

i'm trying to configure lovdbyless in Ubuntu 8.04 following the steps
in the readme, but when i put
rake lovdbyless:getting_started
i got the error:
Unable to annotate Profile: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be
dlopen()ed - /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-2.3.0/lib/RMagick2.so

i searched in google yet, but cannot solve this.

can you help me?

this is the entire trace:
$ rake lovdbyless:getting_started --trace
** Invoke lovdbyless:getting_started (first_time)
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
** Invoke lovdbyless:check (first_time)
** Execute lovdbyless:check
TODO - check that all config ready
** Invoke gems:dependent:install (first_time)
** Execute gems:dependent:install
** Invoke db:create:all (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Execute db:create:all
"plug4life_development already exists"
"plug4life_test already exists"
** Invoke mig (first_time)
** Execute mig
rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="development"
(in /var/rails/plug4life)
rake db:test:clone
(in /var/rails/plug4life)
(in /var/rails/plug4life)
Annotating Message
Annotating Comment
Annotating FeedItem
Unable to annotate Profile: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be
dlopen()ed - /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-2.3.0/lib/RMagick2.so
Annotating Friend
Annotating Feed
Skipping AccountMailer
Annotating Blog
Unable to annotate Photo: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be
dlopen()ed - /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-2.3.0/lib/RMagick2.so
Annotating User
** Execute lovdbyless:getting_started
Finished setting up enviornment and application!

Steven A Bristol

Jun 4, 2008, 10:34:09 AM6/4/08
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com

On 6/4/08, ronan <ron...@gmail.com> wrote:

hello,

i'm trying to configure lovdbyless in Ubuntu 8.04 following the steps
in the readme, but when i put
rake lovdbyless:getting_started
i got the error:
Unable to annotate Profile: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be
dlopen()ed - /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-2.3.0/lib/RMagick2.so

i searched in google yet, but cannot solve this.

can you help me?

Hi Ronan,

Look through this search results. I think you'll find the answer here:

http://groups.google.com/group/lovdbyless/search?q=rmagick&

steven bristol

ronan

Jul 2, 2008, 9:13:58 AM7/2/08
to Lovd by Less
ok Steven, thank for your help.

i tried a lot to solve the problem, and i found that the OpenMP
resource that rMagick uses to access imagemagick is not set in the
last linux ubuntu version, Hardy Heron. the solution maybe was to
recompile the GCC compiler (!) to make it run correctly.

i'm newbie in linux and rails, so it was what i found, i'm not shure
it's correct.

last week (thanks God!!) I got a mac mini and now it's perfect
running! :.D

On Jun 4, 11:34 am, "Steven A Bristol" <st...@lesseverything.com>

jma...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2008, 9:16:43 PM7/19/08
to Lovd by Less
> i tried a lot to solve the problem, and i found that the OpenMP
> resource that rMagick uses to access imagemagick is not set in the
> last linux ubuntu version, Hardy Heron.  the solution maybe was to
> recompile the GCC compiler (!) to make it run correctly.

I was in the same boat and DID choose to recompile gcc. Your
suspicion was correct. It all then worked. Though it wasn't fun :)

For anyone else running into the same error (and obtained gcc via
build-essential) you can fix it by doing the following:

1. Uninstall build-essential with 'sudo apt-get remove build-
essential'
2. Reinstall with gcc v 4.1: 'sudo apt-get install build-essential
libglut3-dev gcc-4.1 g++-4.1 -y'
3. Tell system to use this version of gcc: 'sudo update-alternatives --
install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.1 60 --slave /usr/bin/g++ g++ /
usr/bin/g++-4.1
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.2
40 --slave /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.2'
4. Re-configure, make, and install ImageMagick
5. Uninstall rmagick gem
6. Reinstall rmagick gem

Steps 2 and 3 found in this post:
http://lifeofaprogrammergeek.blogspot.com/2008/05/cuda-development-in-ubuntu.html

stran

Jul 20, 2008, 12:26:19 AM7/20/08
to Lovd by Less
on ubuntu, you can also use the apt package libmagick9-dev rather than
compile imagemagick/gcc, etc.
(sudo aptitude install libmagick9-dev)